Effective as of January 1st, 2013
1. Agreement And Parties
4. Policy Applicable To Online Activities Only
5. Personal Information About You
Types Of Information Collected. We may ask you for certain information, referred to as “personal information,” which includes information that pertains to your identity. Such information may include, but is not limited to, items such as your name, mailing address, and email address. We may also obtain information about you from third parties, including without limitation our partners and affiliates. Your IP address is not considered “personal information” pursuant to this policy.
Personal Information You Provide to Us. You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts or features of the Food Start Service. For example, you will be asked to provide a valid email address to establish a member account at http://foodstart.com. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the particular component of the Service where such information is required. When creating your member account, you will also have the option of providing additional personal information in the form of e.g., your first name, last name, and address, which will be displayed in your Food Start public profile (e.g., at http://foodstart.com/user/example). Providing such information is purely voluntary; as its name implies, any personal information you provide in your public profile will be available to the public.
Social Media. You may link your registered member account to a pre-existing Facebook, Twitter, or similar account for the purpose of Logging into your Food Start account and using the Service. Food Start makes no other use of the social media credentials you provide during this process.
6. Survey Information.
General Information We May Collect
Types Of Information Collected. There may be other instances in which we collect information from you that is more general in nature (“general information”). Such information may include information recorded by our server logs from your browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address (which enables us to identify your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network like the internet), and the specific webpage(s) you requested. Such general information, including click stream data, cookies, and web beacons, as mentioned below, may be collected from you whenever you access or use the Food Start Service, without regard to whether or not you provide us with any other personal information or create a member account.
Click Stream Data. When you use the Food Start Service we may collect “click stream data” (server address, domain name information, how you use our website, etc.). This information can be combined with information you have provided to us, which will enable us to analyze and better customize your visits. We may use click stream data for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of our Service, including to help us determine which features within the Food Start Service are most or least effective or useful to you.
Cookies. A cookie is a small string of information that a website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity throughout the Food Start Service and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your experience. Food Start cookies do not collect personally identifiable information from you and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal information you may provide to personally identify you. You can turn off all cookies, if you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. Please refer to documentation provider with your web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer) for information on enabling these options. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website and you may lose access to some of its features.
Web Beacons. The Food Start Service webpages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs), from Food Start, its advertising partners, or other third party service providers such as Google Analytics. Web beacons are used to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Service is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns, and helps us to understand your preferences and improve your experience when using the Service.
7. Use And Sharing Of Information.
To Provide Products And Services To You. We will use the personal information you provide, and any general information we receive from you, to provide Food Start Service to you, which include the following:
- To assist those third party companies, hosting partners, and individuals who facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features, marketing services, and facilitating email communication) or assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- To send you information or materials via email about products, offers, and news we think might interest you. This information may relate to the products, offers, and news of Food Start or its licensees or selected commercial partners. (If you no longer wish to receive any emails from us, or if you want to modify your personal data or want your personal data to be deleted from our database, please see “Canceling Your Account, Opting Out Of Email, And Modifying Personal Information” below.)
- To analyze visits to the Food Start website and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate, and also on a personal level, to better understand your interests and needs so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in.
- To publish aggregate statistics regarding our member base.
Disclosure to Business Members. When you pledge funds to a business member’s project, we provide your user ID, pledge amount, and other relevant information the business may need to communicate with you and fulfill its obligations.
Business Transfers. In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that may be transferred. Moreover, if Food Start or substantially all of its assets were acquired, customer information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred to the acquiring party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Food Start may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
8. Protection Of Your Information
Security Measures. In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through your use of the Food Start Service, we have implemented various commercially reasonable security measures. We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Risk of Interception. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Food Start strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using the Food Start Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through your use of the Food Start Service and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through your use of the Food Start Service is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
9. No Use Of The Service By Minors
Notice Concerning Children. PLEASE NOTE: the Food Start Service is general audience service, and does not direct any of its content, products, or services specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a member of the Food Start Service is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that member’s account. If you have such information, please contact us at email@example.com
10. Links To Third Parties
11. Canceling Your Account, Opting Out Of Email, And Modifying Personal Information
You may modify your personal information, cancel your account, and you may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Food Start at any time.
You may modify your personal information through your member profile, which is available at http://foodstart.com/user/[your user name]. We encourage you to update your personal information promptly when it changes. Information concerning your past interaction with the Service may be retained by Food Start.
You may cancel your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may elect to opt out of receiving promotional emails from Food Start by Clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in promotional emails you receive. Please note that although you may opt out of receiving promotional emails, Food Start reserves the right to communicate with you via email regarding specific products and services you have ordered, requested, or inquired about, important information regarding your account, changes to our terms and policies, and the like.
12. Questions Or Comments
Food Start Inc.
2415 Turnagain Pkwy
Anchorage, AK 99517
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns promptly.
Food Start Copyright Policy
In accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. 512, Food Start Inc. (“Food Start”) has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement occurring on or through the http://foodstart.com website and/or Food Start online service (collectively, the “Food Start Service” or the “Service”). The address of Food Start’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.
It is Food Start’s policy to (1) block access to or remove any content (including, without limitation, text, graphics, and photos) (collectively, “Content”) that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, business members, or backer members; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure For Reporting Copyright Infringements:
To report a copyright infringement occurring on or through the Food Start Service, please provide us with a written notice containing each of the following elements:
1) Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed on or through the Service, including the federal copyright registration number for any such work(s), if applicable;
2) Identification of the Content that you claim has infringed on the identified copyrighted work(s), including (a) a description of how the material in question is using the copyrighted work(s) in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and (b) a description of where the Content in question is located on or in the Service, with sufficient detail that we may verify the existence of the Content within the Service (e.g., http://foodstart.com/example);
3) Your contact information, including your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
4) A statement by you, made under the penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright holder or are the authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder;
5) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work(s) is not authorized by the copyright holder, its agents, or the law; and
6) An electronic or physical signature of either the copyright holder or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright holder.
Please note that, under Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, any person who knowingly misrepresents that content or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages, including attorney’s fees. See 17 U.S.C. 512, http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512.
- After Notice Is Received:
Once a proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Food Start’s policy:
1) to remove or disable access to the allegedly-infringing Content;
2) to notify the party whose Content has been removed, or access to which has been disabled; and
3) to terminate repeat infringers’ access to the Service.
- Responding To A Notice:
If a notified party believes that the Content that was removed, or to which access was disabled, is not infringing – or if the party believes that he or she has the right to post and use such Content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to U.S. law (including as a fair use) – the notified party must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
1) Identification of the Content that has been removed or disabled, including a description of the where the Content in question appeared on the Service before it was removed or disabled (e.g., http://foodstart.com/example);
2) Your contact information, including full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
3) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or blocked as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the Content in question;
4) A statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which your address is located or, if your address is outside of the USA, for the judicial district in which Food Start is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement; and
5) Your electronic or physical signature.
If a valid counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Food Start may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party and inform that party that Food Start may replace the removed Content, or cease disabling access to it, in 10 to 14 business days, unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the notified party. Decisions regarding the replacement or restoration of Content are made at Food Start’s sole discretion.
Please contact Food Start’s Designated Agent at the following address:
Ridder, Costa & Johnstone LLP
for Food Start Inc.
12 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
fax: (415) 358-4975